newsgroups and mailing lists.
- comp.ai - Artificial
- Postings on general AI issues, language processing and AI
techniques. The comp.ai
FAQ covers NLP, NN and other AI information.
- comp.ai.nat-lang -
Natural Language Processing Group
- Postings regarding Natural Language Processing. Set up to cover
a broard range of related issues and different viewpoints. A
comp.ai.nat-lang FAQ posting is available.
- Natural Language Knowledge Representation
- Moderated group.
- discussion of Neural Networks and related issues.
- There are often posting on speech related matters - phonetic
recognition, connectionist grammars and so on. A
comp.ai.neural-nets FAQ posting is available.
- comp.compression -
occasional articles on compression of speech.
- The comp.compression
FAQ has some info on audio compression standards.
- comp.dcom.telecom -
- Has occasional articles on voice products.
- comp.dsp - discussion of
signal processing - hardware and algorithms and more.
- Has a good FAQ posting which is also available on the WWW and by ftp
(addresses below). Has a regular posting of a comprehensive list of Audio File Formats.
- comp.multimedia -
Multi-Media discussion group.
- Has occasional articles on voice I/O.
- sci.lang - Language.
- Discussion about phonetics, phonology, grammar, etymology and lots
more. A sci.lang FAQ
- Some discussion of speech production & perception.
- alt.binaries.sounds.* - posting and discussion of sound
- Voice-Users Mailing List
For discussion of any aspect of using voice recognition systems.
To subscribe fill out the
web-based subscription form
- Using such systems safely, without muscle or voice strain
- Techniques for improving recognition accuracy
- How to set up the physical voice workstation
- Tips for effective use of voice interfaces
- Configuration of specific systems, troubleshooting, etc
Posts to the list should go to:
- News about language, speech, logic and information.
- ECTL - Electronic Communal Temporal Lobe
- Founder & Moderator: David Leip. Moderated mailing list for
researchers with interests in computer speech interfaces. This list
serves a broad community including persons from signal processing, AI,
linguistics and human factors. To subscribe, send your name, institute,
department, daytime phone and email address to:
archive site is
- Prosody Mailing List
- Unmoderated mailing list for discussion of prosody. The aim is to
facilitate the spread of information relating to the research of
prosody by creating a network of researchers in the field. If you want
to participate, send the following one-line message to
- subscribe prosody Your Name
- A moderated monthly newsletter distributed by e-mail. It carries
job advertisements, notices of conferences, and other news of general
interest to phoneticians, speech scientists and others. The editors are
Linda Shockey and Gerry Docherty. To subscribe send the following 1
line message to
- join fonetiks your_first_name your_second_name
- Digital Mobile Radio
- Covers lots of areas include some speech topics including speech
coding and speech compression. Mail Peter Decker firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 1 of the
comp.speech FAQ Home Page.
Submit Information :
Last Revision: 17:09 05-Sep-1997