SAPI: Microsoft Windows Speech API
- Platform: Windows 95 and Windows NT 3.51
- Description: The Microsoft Speech API provides applications
with the ability to incoporate speech recognition (command & control or
dictation) or text-to-speech, using either C/C++ or Visual Basic.
SAPI follows the OLE Component Object Model (COM) architecture.
It is supported by many major speech technology vendors. The major
- Voice Commands: high level speech recognition API for
command and control.
- Voice Text: simple high level text-to-speech API.
- Speech Recognition: provides detailed control of a speech
recognition engine for both command-and-control and dictation.
- Text-to-Speech: provides detailed interface to a text-to-speech
engine for control of playback, speaking style, voice quality etc.
- Multimedia Audio Objects: audio I/O for microphones, headphones,
speakers, telephone lines, files etc.
Microsoft's latest speech technology, including the
Microsoft Speech SDK,
command and control recognition, the
Microsoft dictation research
demonstration and text-to-speech.
- More information:
The Microsoft Speech API
An Overview of the Microsoft Speech API
Documentation included with the Microsoft SDK.
- See also:
TAPI: Microsoft Telephone API
Section 1 of the
comp.speech FAQ Home Page.
Submit Information :
Last Revision: 16:01 21-Apr-1997