Visual Voice from Stylus Innovation
- Platform: Microsoft Windows
- Description: Visual Voice is a toolkit for building
Windows-based voice processing and telephony applications including
interactive voice response (e.g. touch-tone banking), fax-on-demand, and
voice mail. Visual Voice can be used to add voice recognition to your
Voice Recognition (VR) Support for Visual
Voice is exposed as a standard VBX control and provides one or more
voice recognition "resources" to your application. Applications can
dynamically assign resources across several voice lines. Voice
recognition is either "discrete" or "continuous". Discrete recognition
is slightly more accurate and requires the speaker to pause briefly
between words. Continuous recognition provides a natural way to enter
information by speaking without pauses. Three configurations are
- Software-Only Solution
- The software only solution uses Telaccount's SpeechEasy technology
for discrete recognition using your PC's CPU. A vocabulary is included
with digits, basic command words and more.
- Hardware-Assisted Solution with Dialogic AEB boards
- Discrete voice recognition in over 25 languages using Dialogic
D/41D voice boards and the Dialogic VR/40 board. Vocabularies are
included with digits, basic command words, voice mail vocabulary and more.
- Hardware-Assisted Solution with Dialogic PEB boards.
- Use the VR control with any Dialogic PEB-based voice board, such as
the D/12x or D/24x, to access voice recognition resources from your
phone lines. This requires a Dialogic VRP board with either 1 to 4
VRM/40 modules (4 channel discrete voice recognition modules) and/or 1
to 4 VRM/2C modules (2 channel continuous voice recognition modules).
You can have up to 4 modules on each VRP: 4 VRM/40s for 16 channels of
discrete voice recognition; 4 VRM/2Cs for 8 channels of continuous
recognition; or a combination. Over 25 languages supported. Includes
vocabularies as described above.
- Pricing: Unknown
- Availability: From Stylus Innovations Inc. or from the
on the Stylus WWW pages.
- Misc: More detailed technical information, slide show
demonstration software is available on the
Stylus home page.
- Contact: Stylus Innovation Inc.
One Kendall Square, Building 300, Cambridge, MA 02139
Ph: (617) 621 9545, Fax: (617) 621 7862
Compuserve forum: GO STYLUS
Section 6 of the
comp.speech FAQ Home Page.
Submit Information :
Last Revision: 12:05 16-Oct-1996