- Platform: IBM Machines from Mod 25 on.
- Description: SpeechViewer II is a speech therapy tool.
It provides graphical feedback of various speech features so that speech
impaired individuals can improve their speech. It works with an audio
bandwidth of 7.3 Khz and thus allows the therapist to work with
sustained vowels and fricatives. A wide range of graphics are used to
provide adequate variability to hold client interest. An extensive set
of statistics are gathered which allows a therapist to do research or
keep therapy records. The speech therapy modules are:
A multilingual option is available which provides support for 12 languages:
Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian,
Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and UK English.
With the Multilingual Option, clinicians can use
SpeechViewer II as a training tool for English as a second language and for foreign language training.
- Awareness - Sound, Loudness, Pitch, Voicing Onset, Voicing
- Skill Building - Pitch, Voicing, Phonology
- Patterning - Pitch & Loudness - Waveform & Spectrogram, Spectra
- Clinical Management - Profiles, Models, Client Data
- Hardware: Requires an IBM M-ACPA (Multimedia-Audio
Capture Playback Adapter). It has a TI TMS320C25 DSP chip. The input
sampling rate is 44.1 Khz stereo, 88.2 Khz mono. This is a 16 bit
card. It has the following jacks: mic in, stereo line in, stereo line
out, speaker out. Note: This card is being replaced by Mwave
technology. For more info on Mwave contact Texas Instruments.
- The software is $2130 list, $1491 educational, part number 92F2066.
- The M-ACPA is $370 list, $222 educational, part number 92F3378.
- The MicroChannel adapter part number is 92F3379 (same price).
- Contact: IBM Special Needs Information
1000 N. W. 51st Street, Internal Zip 5432, Boca Raton, Florida 33431, USA
Ph: 1-800-426-4832, TDD: 1-800-426-4833, Fax: 1-407-982-6059
Section 1 of the
comp.speech FAQ Home Page.
Submit Information :
Last Revision: 18:43 18-Mar-1996